the FIND method vs SQL WHERE

Thread: the FIND method vs SQL WHERE

rossman Guest

Default the FIND method vs SQL WHERE

Does anyone know why this doesn&#039t work? I thought that the find method took the place of SQL WHERE. Isn&#039t it the same syntax? Is there some other way I should be doing this?<BR><BR>GiftInfo.Find("OrderID like &#039" & strID & "*&#039 and RctSent = null")<BR><BR>Here&#039s the error:<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>RctSent is bin and<BR>OrderID is Char<BR><BR>what am I doing wrong?<BR>

Default RE: the FIND method vs SQL WHERE

FIND gives a much higher overhead than SQL WHERE - and DEFINITELY doesn&#039t replace it....<BR><BR>as far as i know, find doesn&#039t actually take a SQL statement as argument, but don&#039t quote me on that.<BR><BR>if i were you i&#039d go back to using WHERE, it&#039s easier, with lower resource overhead and it&#039s designed for this.<BR><BR>jason<BR><BR>

BMonday Guest

Default RE: the FIND method vs SQL WHERE

Nope, you can&#039t do that. Find will only work on one criteria, that is documented as a limitation on MS&#039 web site.<BR><BR>Also I have never seen Find used to execute a SQL query.<BR><BR>Beau