Can't connect to Access DB on the WEB

Thread: Can't connect to Access DB on the WEB

Default Can't connect to Access DB on the WEB

I can get my Access driven website working fine on my Win 98 system using PWS. I can&#039t get it to work on the internet though. ASP and Access are supported on my server, all of the ASP code runs fine. I&#039m new to ASP and can&#039t find this answer. Here&#039s the connection string I use locally...<BR><BR>objConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR>"Data Source=c:datastoresCollectiblesData.mdb;" & _<BR>"Persist Security Info=False"<BR><BR>All ASP and DB files are in the root dir of my NT server. The site works perfectly when not on the web.<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated, even just steering me in the right direction. Can be emailed at<BR><BR>Thanks. <BR>

Panos Barbalias Guest

Default RE: Can't connect to Access DB on the WEB

Mike, the connection for your database sends the server to look for the .mdb file at the location:<BR>c:datastoresCollectiblesData.mdb<BR>< BR>That path sure exists in your pc, but how about your server??<BR>Usually the web folders are under paths that start with InetPub/wwwroot.. It is impossible to know the whole path unless you own the server!<BR><BR>Security reasons want let you know through your ISP..<BR><BR>Use ODBC DSN to connect to your database or OLE DB.<BR><BR>