Auto Submit, HELP!

Thread: Auto Submit, HELP!

Mike Barth Guest

Default Auto Submit, HELP!

I need my asp page to be able to submit itself depending on information in a form filled out earlier, is there any way to autosumbit?????<BR>does Response.Redirect pass form values.<BR>in otherwords, if a form comes up, and I do Response.Redirect right away, will the default values in the form get passed on to the next page???<BR>please help,<BR>Michael

Default Bill , your suggestions please?

is there any way to make a form automatically submit?

Default RE: Auto Submit, HELP!

Response.Redirect *forgets* everything you have done so far on the current page, so it is no help at all.<BR><BR>If you don&#039t mind if the page actually pops up in the user&#039s browser (but see below), then it&#039s really pretty easy:<BR><BR>&#060;BODY onLoad="document.theForm.submit();"&#062;<BR>...<B R>&#060;FORM Name="theForm" ...&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;<BR><BR>If you don&#039t want the user to see this happen, and if you have properly prepared things ahead of time, then you could bring up the page in a hidden frame, so it wouldn&#039t be visible. Note that neither would the result of the submission then be visible.<BR><BR>If you really want to *force* a form posting, without going back to the browser to do so, you need a third party component. I believe that AspHTTP from will do this. I am sure there are others.<BR><BR>