VBScript Alternative to response.redirect

Thread: VBScript Alternative to response.redirect

Default VBScript Alternative to response.redirect

Is there an alternative to the response.redirect command? I would like to use this command, but it would come after HTML code, and hence is not usable.<BR><BR>Any alternatives would be peachy-keen!

Default RE: VBScript Alternative to response.redirect

Well if it comes after html code then your best bet would be a clientside javascript redirect. But it seems to me you may want to look at an alternate coding method so that you could use response.redirect. anyways here is what you could do.<BR><BR>sub myRedirect(url)<BR> response.write "&#060;script&#062;"<BR> response.write "parent.location.href=&#039"&url&"&#039"<BR> response.write "&#060;/script&#062;"<BR>end sub<BR><BR>Try to avoid doing it this way as much as possible. Good luck. Btw.. if you have a windows 2000 asp 3.0 I believe response.redirect works even after the headers have been written. And there are new methods server.transfer and server.execute. server.transfer basically transfers the whole working program to another script and varibles and all and doesnt come back. server.execute is sortof like an include file.