Howdy;<BR><BR>I have built a page, using the information in the book Teach Yourself Active Server Pages 3.0 and Beginning ASP Databases, to allow users to update their information on our Database. This page works fine while I am accessing it on my PC in the office which goes through our server, but the minute I go on the web through a dial up modem I receive this error <BR><BR>Microsoft OLD DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.<BR><BR>/partners/tmpWUD85.asp, line 71<BR><BR><BR>line 71 in the file is <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;objRS.Update<BR><BR><B R>The file is below<BR><BR>I have been on Microsofts help site and found tons of words that have nothing to do with this problem. <BR><BR>Each If statement is only looking for the need to update that cells data, so if there is a change in data between what is on the active page and in the database update or if the cell in the database is empty update. All feilds on the first page of this two page form must be filled in or the user can not get to this page. Each Response.Write on this page is remmed out, and the DoUpdate variable is set as False but if one of the if statements is true then DoUpdate is set as true which fires line 71, the line I receive an error on when off the server and on the web through a dial up modem.<BR><BR>I don&#039t ask that you solve this just point me in the correct direction.<BR><BR>Thanks;<BR><BR>Warren<BR><BR>&#0 60;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file=""--&#062;<BR>&#060;%Response.Buffer=true%&#062;<BR>&# 060;%<BR> Dim tmpURL,objConn,objRS,tmpID,Valid<BR> tmpURL = Right(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER"),5)<B R> tmpID=Request.Form("text10")<BR> Valid=False<BR><BR>Set objConn= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open("end_loser")<BR>Set objRS=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Do SQL = "Select users.* FROM users WHERE users.ID = " +tmpID<BR>objRS.Open DoSQL, objConn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockOptimistic<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> <BR> Dim DoUpdate<BR> DoUpdate=False<BR> <BR> tmpPhone=Request.Form("text7a")+Request.Form("text 7b")+Request.Form("text7c")<BR> <BR> tmpFax=Request.Form("text8a")+Request.Form("text8b ")+Request.Form("text8c")<BR> <BR> If Request.Form("text2")&#060;&#062;objRS("business_n ame") OR isNull(objRS("business_name")) Then<BR> objRS("business_name")=Request.Form("text2")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text3")&#060;&#062;objRS("address") OR isNull(objRS("address")) Then <BR> objRS("address")=Request.Form("text3")<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text3")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text4")&#060;&#062;objRS("city") OR isNull(objRS("city")) Then<BR> objRS("city")=Request.Form("text4")<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text4")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text5")&#060;&#062;objRS("prov_state ") OR isNull(objRS("prov_state")) Then<BR> objRS("prov_state")=Request.Form("text5")<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text5")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text6")&#060;&#062;objRS("postal_zip ") OR isNull(objRS("postal_zip")) Then<BR> objRS("postal_zip")=Request.Form("text6")<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text6")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If tmpPhone&#060;&#062;objRS("phone") OR isNull(objRS("phone")) Then<BR> objRS("phone")=tmpPhone<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text7")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If tmpFax&#060;&#062;objRS("fax") OR isNull(objRS("fax")) Then<BR> objRS("fax")=tmpFax<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text9")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text9")&#060;&#062;objRS("email") OR isNull(objRS("email")) Then<BR> objRS("email")=Request.Form("text9")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If Request.Form("text1")&#060;&#062;objRS("contact") OR isNull(objRS("contact")) Then<BR> objRS("contact")=Request.Form("text1")<BR> &#039Response.Write Request.Form("text1")<BR> DoUpdate=True<BR> End If<BR> If DoUpdate Then<BR> objRS.Update<BR> End If <BR> objRS.Close<BR> Set objRS=Nothing<BR> objConn.Close<BR> Set objConn=Nothing <BR> <BR> If (Request.Cookies("Valid")="NaftaBuyer") Then<BR> Response.Redirect ("BuyerPage.asp")<BR> ElseIf(Request.Cookies("Valid")="NaftaDealer") Then<BR> Response.Redirect ("Dealer_page.asp")<BR> Else<BR> Response.Redirect("/partners/")<BR> End If<BR>%&#062;