HELP!!! Access is not allowed

Thread: HELP!!! Access is not allowed

rob f. Guest

Default HELP!!! Access is not allowed

I recently made a couple of nifty scripts to edit, add to, delete from an access database from our webpage, but my admin just informed me that access slows the server too much so I cant use it, and my database isnt important enough to use a ms-sql database. So Is there Any Way to Re-Use my Code on a differenet database, or should I just through it out????????<BR>thanks

rob f. Guest

Default Excel & ASP?

Can I store database information in an excel spreadsheet and access it with ADO and SQL commands in my ASP Script

Default RE: Excel & ASP?

Yup. Here&#039s how (for Excel 97). Be careful with the strange quotes.<BR><BR>cn.connectionstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & filename & ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;Persist Security Info=False"<BR><BR>sql = "SELECT `&#039 990913$&#039`.* FROM `&#039 990913$&#039`"<BR><BR>&#039 990913 here is the name of the file - if you have multiple sheets, they can each be opened as an individual table. The syntax is a bit different if you use the OLEDB provider for ODBC but it also works.<BR>