This is a big problem!! retriving memo field value

Thread: This is a big problem!! retriving memo field value

cristie Guest

Default This is a big problem!! retriving memo field value

Hi,<BR><BR>Somehow, all the values from the memo field in access are not getting displayed, I was wondering if i could use getchunk method.<BR>I used it in the following format, and it gives me error like,<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required: &#039Internship, IL– Ju&#039 <BR><BR>/page.asp, line 88 <BR><BR><BR>&#039Internship, IL– Ju&#039 IS THE FIRST LINE OF THE MEMO DATA.<BR>Line 88 is, &#060;%=value1%&#062;<BR><BR>The code is,<BR>&#060;%value=Request.QueryString("column")% &#062;<BR> &#060;%size1= value.actualsize%&#062;<BR> &#060;% value1=value.GetChunk(size1)%&#062;<BR> &#060;%=value1%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Here column is the field passed from the previous asp page,<BR><BR>This problem is not gtting me anywhere, help!!<BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>

Daniel Root Guest

Default RE: This is a big problem!! retriving memo field v

Why doesn&#039t it work to skip the GetChunk?<BR>ie:<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim value<BR>value=request.querystring("column")%&#062 ;<BR>&#060;%=value%&#062;<BR><BR>The other issue is that QueryString is limited to a certain number of charactes and may not work when passing very large fields. Using forms to post info may be cleaner.<BR><BR>

cristie Guest

Default RE: This is a big problem!! retriving memo field v

Hi,<BR>Removing the getchunk method also does not work. Only a part of the data is displayed.<BR>By the way, how do I use a form to pass only one column from one asp to other. Even if i do that Don&#039t I need to use a submit button for action or transfer to take place??In that case, won&#039t my submit button be visible and that i don&#039t.<BR>HHelp1!!<BR>Thanks,