why doesn't anyone uses frames in there ASP pa

Thread: why doesn't anyone uses frames in there ASP pa

Joris Haverkort Guest

Default why doesn't anyone uses frames in there ASP pa

Why do company&#039s and other people<BR>never use frames in there sites<BR>*<BR>It&#039s something i&#039m trying to find out<BR>for a internet marketing busines i&#039m<BR>starting. I need good information, why<BR>frames are not used or are there no special<BR>reasons for it .. Because frames should be <BR>more easy than one complete page. Frames<BR>should make it more easy to scroll to , or<BR>is the problem the number of request by the <BR>server ?<BR>*<BR>With friendly greetings,<BR>*<BR>Joris Haverkort

Ian Pitts Guest

Default RE: why doesn't anyone uses frames in there AS

There are a number of issues leading to why most webmasters choose NOT to use Frames. I ONLY use frames where it is absolutely needed. Frames make it much more difficult for a visitor to print the data in a useful manner. They also make it a pain for visitors coming to your site from a search engine listing. Many times the &#039content&#039 frame will be linked, and the visitor will be stranded without any navigation. (Unless the web designer makes provisions for restoring frames.)<BR><BR>I believe there&#039s a place for Frames... the only place I use frames is in my Message Bases. The left frame holds the thread list, the right frame holds each message and the reply form. This reduces bandwidth when the visitor doesn&#039t have to refresh the thread list every time. (I have more than 7G of data transfer per month.. this translates to $ savings.)<BR><BR>Ian

Gilles Guest

Default RE: why doesn't anyone uses frames in there AS

I&#039m making a client website for a company and I USE frames(2).<BR>You just have to insert into your &#060;FORM&#062; the tag <BR>TARGET={yourframe} and the form will be submitted to the targetframe.<BR><BR>It works for me!