ASP and Frames .. Why Why Why !

Thread: ASP and Frames .. Why Why Why !

Shadow Flash Guest

Default ASP and Frames .. Why Why Why !

Why do company&#039s and other people<BR>never use frames in there sites<BR>*<BR>It&#039s something i&#039m trying to find out<BR>for a internet marketing busines i&#039m<BR>starting. I need good information, why<BR>frames are not used or are there no special<BR>reasons for it .. Because frames should be <BR>more easy than one complete page. Frames<BR>should make it more easy to scroll to , or<BR>is the problem the number of request by the <BR>server ?<BR>*<BR>With friendly greetings,<BR>*<BR>Joris Haverkort

e Guest

Default RE: ASP and Frames .. Why Why Why !

reasons:<BR>1. In older browsers you can&#039t hit the back button in a frameset<BR>2. Search engines sometimes don&#039t search framesets<BR>3. Bookmarks go to the main page in a framset.<BR>4. Secure web apps sometimes have problems with framesets<BR>5. User Surveys say whaen users are offered a choice they<BR>choose not to use frames.<BR><BR>there is aton of more info on this subject, just search<BR>"why frames suck" on any search engine.<BR><BR>hope this helps<BR>

SamJ Guest

Default RE: ASP and Frames .. Why Why Why !

Many users just don&#039t like them. Plus older browsers don&#039t support them. You can put &#060;noframes&#062; code in your frameset page. Then you have to be sure that the site is navigatable without the frames.<BR><BR>Some search engines spider all your pages. Some random page on your site might end up in a search engine listing. Then someone clicks on that and are in the middle of your site without any navigation. Confused and scared, they leave and you never see them again.<BR><BR>Sometimes they are useful. I would personally only use them if there was a specific functionality that I wanted from them. Just having the navigation permanently on the screen would not be reason enough for me.<BR><BR>If you do use them be sure to test your pages on a variety of computers with different screen resolutions and different browsers.

SPC Systems Guest

Default RE: ASP and Frames .. THIS IS Why !

Generally speaking frames are a good solution. Problems in development phase as well as maintenance could be one of the reasons why developers choose not to use frames<BR> <BR><BR><BR>1. In older browsers you can&#039t hit the back button in a frameset<BR><BR>- In older cars you can’t close doors automatically!<BR>- In older browsers you can&#039t see this web page as well ( no frames here ) !<BR><BR>2. Search engines sometimes don&#039t search framesets<BR><BR>- You report to search engines . <BR><BR>- Search engines can’t search this web page as well.<BR><BR>3. Bookmarks go to the main page in a framset.<BR><BR>- Navigation issue – Can be solved if you know how to use frames !!!<BR><BR>4. Secure web apps sometimes have problems with framesets<BR><BR>??????????<BR><BR>5. User Surveys say whaen users are offered a choice they<BR>choose not to use frames.<BR><BR>- You see. When users are offered a choice they choose a better navigation solution. <BR>If you develop a good navigation mechanism your users will like it.<BR><BR><BR>Generally speaking frames are a good solution. Problems in development phase as well as maintenance could be one of the reasons why developers choose not to use frames<BR> <BR><BR>