Javascript/ASP redirect

Thread: Javascript/ASP redirect

risci Guest

Default Javascript/ASP redirect

I want to be able to redirect a client back to a previous page after a succesfull form update. My options are to use -<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>alert("Your Personal Information change was updated successfully!");<BR>{<BR>window.location="Individu alSubscriberHome.asp"<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>The above example is prone to error in IE 4, or I could use another dirivitive of the window hierarchy the history object -<BR><BR>window.history.go(-1)<BR><BR>But it too is reported to be buggy in IE 3.<BR><BR>Does anybody have an ASP solution?

f Guest

Default RE: Javascript/ASP redirect

yeah<BR>&#060;% Page = "mainpage.asp" %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Redirect (Page) %&#062;

risci Guest

I have not seen this kind of approach before? If we were to do this Why not just use Response.Buffer="True" at the top of the page so that we can use a regular old Response.Redirect instead of preparing a variable to use in the Response.Redirect?<BR><BR>Also how can I also give them an updated message that the change made was sucessful?<BR><BR>Thanks much -

Have a look at the thread " pop-up feedback on submitting a form "