Generating RTF/WRI/DOC pages on the fly

Thread: Generating RTF/WRI/DOC pages on the fly

Default Generating RTF/WRI/DOC pages on the fly

Hi All<BR><BR>I am trying to package a JPEG image and a number of records from a database. i have been able to retrieve the records and display them onto an ASP page without any problems. The image is stored and written as a blob and as used as a link from an image tag. i.e.<BR><BR>&#060;IMG src="paintjpg.asp?filename=&#060;%=request("filena me")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR>What I am having trouble with is packaging all this into a single page that a user can open with something like powerpoint / word. I have tried HTML, but they tend to store files in multiple directories. What I am trying to do is to store the image and table in a rich text / RTF document, then forcing the Content-Disposition so that the user can save the whole lot in a single file. The trouble I have is that I cannot view the JPEG image. The content is there in text/hex but it does not show up as an image. Do I need to terminate the text section? I tried to change the Content type but it would not help.<BR><BR>Any comments or suggestions (or a lateral way of doing this) will be much appreciated. Thanks!<BR><BR>

Default RE: Generating RTF/WRI/DOC pages on the fly

Try this<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.ContentType = "application/" %&#062;<BR>This will open the Word document on the fly. this works fine in IE but in Netscape save the asp file in the name of the document. Say, Word for .doc, Excel for .xls and so on.<BR><BR>Have you seen<BR>Visit to get more code and stuffs like this.