Any good tips, anyone?

Thread: Any good tips, anyone?

Mela_nie Guest

Default Any good tips, anyone?

Hello all!<BR>We have an existing HRIS system where all the applicants&#039 (and employees&#039 info) are stored. The HRIS database is stored in a SQL server. Now, they want the applicant&#039s form to be put up on our website. Am thinking of validating the form using Javascript (client-side). Then process the form&#039s contents using VBScript(server-side). Once everythin is ok, all the info entered by the applicant will be transferred to the database using VBScript.<BR>Uh, do u think this is wise enough?<BR><BR>All comments/suggestions/tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanksssssss,<BR>Mela_nie<BR>Btw, thanks lagerboy for your reply.

Default RE: Any good tips, anyone?

My only advice to give you is to try to make the functions reusable. javascript objects are kinda a pain to remember and syntax and stuff. Heres what i would do..<BR>make functions like<BR><BR>function getRadioVal(radioName,formName){<BR>///lol see ive forgotten how to get a radio val and ive done<BR>}<BR>function getTextBoxval(textboxname,formName){<BR>}<BR><BR>g etSelectVal(selecterName,formName){<BR>}<BR><BR>et c.. then you dont need to rewrite the getting of the values. I constantly forget the syntax of javascript objects so this is a good way to keep reusable code for your next project.