I need help so badly please !

Thread: I need help so badly please !

Default I need help so badly please !

Hi I am in a panic! I have just upgraded to win2000 and installed the ASP+ components. Since I have done this an existing project of mine is DEAD! The error below is what I am getting...<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x44c Thread 0x5bc DBC 0x163e024 Jet&#039.<BR>/shoma/shoma/Week17/tools.asp, line 165<BR><BR>As I said, before the upgrade this was all working perfectly.<BR><BR>Any ideas ?<BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR>Dwane Lumley

Default RE: I need help so badly please !

I hear there are tons of reasons to get this error. Its a problem with opening a connection to your access database. I dont think its the asp+ components but a permissions problem/ or configuration with windows 2000... You could try changing your dsn string to a dsnless connection with ole. Which is better then odbc I hear. try this connection string. It may or may not work but give it a try. comment your old dsn string out just in case.<BR><BR>sDSN = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source="&server.mapPath("yourdbName.mdb")<BR><BR>r eplace the path in the server.mapPath to wherever your db is located. If this doesnt work or is not an option reply to this and reply with "didnt work" or something in that nature so someone else can help.