ADO/DSN Problem with ASP

Thread: ADO/DSN Problem with ASP

Default ADO/DSN Problem with ASP

I think that I am having a permission problem with my ASP database connections. I recently moved to Windows 2000 from 98 and am using the IIS 5.0 server. I setup the System DSNs (I tried file DSN&#039s also) and am getting the following on the open statement:<BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed<BR><BR> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot<BR> be displayed.<BR><BR><BR> Please try the following:<BR><BR> Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<BR> Open the home page, and then look for links to<BR> the information you want. <BR><BR> HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR> Internet Information Services<BR><BR><BR><BR> Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR> Error Type:<BR> (0x800401F9)<BR> Error in the DLL <BR> /crosspoint/gac/registration.asp, line 93<BR><BR> Browser Type:<BR> Mozilla/4.73 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) <BR><BR> Page:<BR> GET /crosspoint/gac/registration.asp <BR><BR> Time:<BR> Saturday, August 19, 2000, 6:25:04 PM <BR><BR> More information:<BR> Microsoft Support <BR><BR><BR>Any ideas...<BR><BR><BR>Bill

Martin Guest

Default RE: ADO/DSN Problem with ASP

I&#039ve got the same Problem. It&#039s a 500 Fault. I think it&#039s a Problem creating the "adodb.connection". Do you know anything about new connection types in Windows 2000 ?<BR>Martin

Curtis Guest

Default RE: ADO/DSN Problem with ASP

OMG enough errors :)<BR><BR>umm.. that is just a script permission problem..<BR>you have to set that /crosspoint/gac/ directory to allow<BR>scripts.<BR><BR>I know you think you probably did that.. but obviously there is still a permission somewhere stopping you.<BR><BR>I am at work, and the guy upstairs runs win2k and I had to get some scripting permissions one day.. and it took him awhile to get the permissions setup.. and he is beyond everyone that you will ever meet on computers.. he is programming our software which is a "display system" .. basically to create real deadly slideshows for TV channels, Hotel TV&#039s, Airports.. etc.. we have been around for 16 years... and our software has over 1,000,000 lines of code.. and even he had trouble setting up the permissions.. and he does it all the time.<BR><BR>I&#039m just trying to say that basically even bill gates himself has trouble setting script permissions :)<BR><BR>trust me man.. you don&#039t want to talk to this guy here, he is beyond life here on earth, very odd fellow. heh.. seriously..<BR>and I don&#039t want to ask him.. sorry. it just isn&#039t worth the ego battle he creates with me everytime I talk to him.<BR><BR>all I know is that it is a script permission that isn&#039t set. find the directory.. and right click it.. and see what&#039s there.. then go into IIS or whatever.. (I use PWS for NT).. and check in there for permissions.. then seriously, seriously have a good look in that IIS garbage.. there is so much stuff... that is where the guy upstairs set it for sure.. and that was in IIS somewhere... <BR><BR>sorry.. I&#039m just bored.. it&#039s lunch here, and I&#039m on phones today, and I have nothing to do :)