Recordset error

Thread: Recordset error

Default Recordset error

I keep getting this error<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed. <BR><BR>/top10/coasters.asp, line 76 <BR><BR>When i try to close my database ( code below) why is this happening??<BR><BR>&#039Close the Recordset object<BR>MyRS.Close<BR><BR>&#039Delete the Recordset Object<BR>Set MyRS = Nothing<BR><BR><BR>&#039Close the Connection object<BR>Conn.Close<BR><BR>&#039Delete the Connection Object<BR>Set Conn = Nothing <BR>

Default RE: Recordset error

initially a recordset must be open for you to close it. I think(not positive) that if you run either an insert or update or delete sql statement when you open the recordset it doesnt actually open the recordset it just runs the sql statement. So if your recordset is just running insert/update/delete then you dont need to close it. If... you were just running a select statement then look for a previous MyRs.close or check the logic of your code and make sure that its actually open. Personally I think the close statement is rather harsh when it comes to that and shouldnt throw an error in those situations instead just overlook it and exit the close statement. Oh well..