Directing users to pages depending on login ID

Thread: Directing users to pages depending on login ID

Default Directing users to pages depending on login ID

I am stuck.<BR><BR>I am developing a site where a user logs in using their Laboratory&#039s ID. Once logged in they go to a home page. On that page the users have the option to click on a link to view reports that are specific to their laboratory. How do I create the link to these reports so that based on their lab id (the login ID), a certain page will open displaying their specific report?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help!

Richard L. Guest

Default RE: Directing users to pages depending on login ID

If you&#039re using WinNT authentication:<BR><BR>userName = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")<BR><BR>or whatever auth method you&#039re using, for a userName variable:<BR><BR>Select Case userName<BR>Case "danny1"<BR>&#039 build <BR>Case "jenny1"<BR>&#039 <BR>End Select<BR>

Default RE: Directing users to pages depending on login ID

Thanks so much for your answer, but I think I need a little more help. How does the code you gave me fit into the hyperlink code to create a link to a certain report based on the user&#039s login ID? Oh, also I&#039m not using Win NT authentication - users are logging in through a form I created.