Test your awareness

Thread: Test your awareness

Teh Guest

Default Test your awareness

First read the sentence below:<BR><BR>FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF MANY YEARS.<BR><BR>Now count the F&#039s in the sentence. Count them only once and do not go back and count them again.

Teh Guest

Default The answer

6 F&#039s.

XZC Guest

Default RE: The answer

I mistakenly counted 7, are we supposed to fail this??

teh Guest

Default Its just a matter of perception

I don&#039t know, I only counted 3. Apparently people don&#039t count the f&#039s in the of&#039s. But please don&#039t tell me to f of ;)

moti Guest

Default you must be a genious , and your name is not bill

I are writing very high clas algoritim ,<BR>I can not uderstand please come down to this galaxie if possible ,

moti Guest

Default teh you are a genious to

Default How to avoid perception problems...

Count them backwards. I did. I got 6, first time.<BR><BR>Of course, I had seen tests similar to this before. So I guess that&#039s cheating. One of my favorites along these lines:<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CAN YOU MAKE<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;SENSE OUT OF THE<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;THE WORDS IN THIS<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SENTENCE?<BR><BR><BR>***************<BR><BR><BR>** ***********<BR><BR><BR>***********<BR><BR><BR>**** *****<BR><BR><BR>*******<BR><BR><BR>*****<BR><BR>< BR>***<BR><BR><BR>*<BR><BR><BR>If you didn&#039t already discover it, the word "the" is repeated, at the end of the second line and the beginning of the third.<BR><BR>Again, if you were to read the words backwards you would always notice this. (70% or more of people do not notice on first reading when reading forwards. Probably the "hit" on this page will be lower because you are all primed for a trick.)<BR><BR>Same thing when you are proofing a page for spelling mistakes (yeah, yeah, I know, use a word processor): If you read the page backwards, you will be actually processing each word instead of letting your brain skip ahead for you. It works. Try it sometime!<BR><BR>