This Web Site's Visited Link Color

Thread: This Web Site's Visited Link Color

Fred Guest

Default This Web Site's Visited Link Color

Why is it that after i visit a link on this web-site, the color of the link remains the same as if I have not yet visited that link. Does&#039nt the link color change to RED if the link was visited once.<BR><BR>I am using IE4/NT workstation/IE Option - Have History=31 days, Temp folder = 200MB. <BR><BR>Any Takers??

Default RE: This Web Site's Visited Link Color

This can be accomplished with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which is, by the way, an excellent technique (or whatever you&#039d like to call it) to use. Briefly, the answer to your specific question is as follows:<BR><BR>In the &#060;HEAD&#062; portion of your HTML document, add the following lines to make your links green and without the underlined effect:<BR><BR>&#060;STYLE TYPE="text/css"&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- <BR> A:link {color: green; text-decoration: none}<BR> A:visited {color: green; text-decoration: none}<BR> A:active {color: green; text-decoration: none}<BR>--&#062;<BR>&#060;/STYLE&#062;<BR><BR>For a more complete intro to stylesheets, my personal recommendation is always www.jalfrezi.com.<BR><BR>Good Luck :)