global.asa not reading

Thread: global.asa not reading

lorddog Guest

Default global.asa not reading

My cookie, session, application page is not reading and storing<BR>variables from my global.asa. Here it is<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server&#062;<BR><BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR> Application("VisitOnHere") = 0<BR> Application("ActiveOnHere") = 0<BR>End Sub<BR><BR><BR>Sub Application_OnEnd<BR>End Sub<BR><BR><BR>Sub Session_OnStart<BR> Session.Timeout = 5<BR> Session("StartOnHere") = Now<BR> Application.lock<BR> Application("VisitOnHere") = Application("VisitOnHere") + 1<BR> Session("VisitTotal") = Application("VisitOnHere")<BR> Application("ActiveOnHere") = Application("ActiveOnHere") + 1<BR> Application.unlock<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR> Application.lock<BR> Application("ActiveOnHere") = Application("ActiveOnHere") - 1<BR> Application.unlock<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>ok now here is code from my page that does not display anything<BR><BR>There are &#060;B&#062;<BR>&#060;%= Application("ActiveOnHere")%&#062;<BR>&#060;/B&#062; active visitors here now.<BR><BR>Your session started at <BR>&#060;%= Session("StartOnHere")%&#062;<BR><BR>Anyone know what I am missing?<BR> Doug (lorddog) Moore<BR><BR>

lagerBoy Guest

Default RE: global.asa not reading

The code looks OK to me.<BR><BR>You should check to see that your global.asa resides in the root directory and that all of the files you expect to be part of the application reside either in the root or in subdirectories under the root.<BR><BR>Also check to see that you haven&#039t got an extra global.asa somewhere in one of your subdirectories.<BR><BR>Finally mark the Virtual directory as an application by right-clicking the directory within MMC&#039s view of IIS and selecting properties. Go to the &#039Directory&#039 Tab of the properties sheet and click the [Create] button in the Application settings area. Now type in the name of your Application.