Printing on the Server Side

Thread: Printing on the Server Side

Default Printing on the Server Side

I need a way to print the current diplayed HTML page on the server side. That is I want the server to print it to it&#039s printer, NOT to the client&#039s printer. I thought the easiest way to do that would be to start an instance of Internet Explorer on the server and navigate it to the site I want and then make it print the site. Is there any possible way I can do that through ASP code, or will I have to write a component in VB or C? I tried doing CreateObject(InternetExplorer.Application) and then calling ExecWB, but it doesn&#039t seem to work.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

RP Guest

Default RE: Printing on the Server Side

I dont know any solution from ASP but I do server side printing using schedules tasks. All the data I want to print is stored in the database. A SQL server jobs picks up the data and throws it into PDF form temlplates (fdf) and prints the form on the server side. <BR><BR>In your case you can have the html saved to a particular server on the directory and a NT service or another external program picks up the files in the folder and print them.<BR>HTH

Default RE: Printing on the Server Side

Well, a similar option which is similar and takes the same outta the cpu but not on the printer is to setup a database with fields set to the names variables that would be used.<BR><BR>I am more interested is there a tracking software which records what querystring was used in addition to normal filename (webtrends would report mypage.asp instead of mypage.asp?UserPage=511)