Hi,<BR><BR>I am facing an extremely strange problem with request.form()when i use a nifty piece of logic to extract selected values from a dynamically generated form:<BR><BR>The form has three essential values<BR><BR>selecteddates - a kind of index, generated via checkboxes<BR>date - a hidden field containing the date, its name is the index+date, for eg 1date, 2date, 3date .....<BR>guide - a listbox which returns a numeric id, its name is the index+guide, for eg 1guide, 2 guide ....<BR><BR>in the asp script below, i am trying to get the values of only those whose check box has been selected. It works fine for the first thing i extract from the form, but then refuses to work, giving me blanks<BR><BR>i dunno what to do, i think the logic is alright but ......<BR><BR>tia<BR><BR>naren<BR><BR>the code ----<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>&#039 <BR>&#039 Form Elements:<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 options - flag value for data insertion used later<BR>&#039 clientid - the id of the guest for whom guides are being defined<BR>&#039 comments - any comments that might have been given<BR>&#039 selecteddates - this is the checkbox listing. it contains a list of all the selected checkboxes<BR><BR>&#039 the selected dates are split into an array<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 the date and selected guide id are stored in form elements with following naming convention<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 if selecteddate = 1 then<BR>&#039 1date = actual date ; hidden<BR>&#039 1guide = guideid ; listbox<BR>&#039 and so on<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 the objective is to extract all these values. we already have the values of all the selected dates in our array<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 now a loop is run and each variable is built<BR>&#039 the date string is selecteddate + "date"<BR>&#039 the guide string is selecteddate + "guide"<BR>&#039 these are stored in variables dateStr and guideStr respectively<BR>&#039 therefore these variables now contain the names of the form elements that contain the values we are interested in<BR>&#039 now we extract those values by passing these strings as our parameter to request.form()<BR>&#039<BR>&#039 Note<BR>&#039 g() is a shortcut function for request.form<BR>&#039 w() is a shortcut funtion for response.write<BR><BR><BR><BR> mOptions = CInt(g("options"))<BR> mClientId = g("clientid")<BR> mComments = g("comments")<BR> mTemp = g("selecteddates")<BR> arrTemp=split(mTemp,",")<BR><BR> mLen = ubound(arrTemp)<BR><BR> dim iDate, iGuide, indexValue<BR> redim iDate(mLen), iGuide(mLen)<BR> indexValue = 0<BR> j = 0<BR><BR> for j = 0 to mLen<BR><BR> indexValue = arrTemp(j)<BR><BR> dateStr = indexValue & "date"<BR> guideStr = indexValue & "guide"<BR><BR> w(dateStr &" : "& guideStr &"<BR>")<BR> w(g(dateStr) &" - "& g(guideStr) &"<BR>")<BR><BR> next