Sending a HTML page as an e-mail

Thread: Sending a HTML page as an e-mail

Mohit Guest

Default Sending a HTML page as an e-mail

Hi Friend,<BR><BR>I am very keen on sending an html page as an e-mail.<BR><BR>When a person opens my site and if he wants to forward<BR>any html page then he should be able to do it.<BR><BR>Can you please tell me the coding -- as to <BR><BR>How can I allow the client to send the HTML page as an <BR>e-mail to his friend .<BR><BR>I am desperatly waiting to <BR>receive a reply from your side .<BR><BR>With Regards,<BR>Mohit.

omc Guest

Default RE: Sending a HTML page as an e-mail

Mohit,<BR><BR>In order to send anything through email using ASP you are going to need to use a component like CDOMail or ASPMail (for example). So the first place to start is there. Also, just a thought, you might consider letting people send the URL to the page through email, not the actual page.

Kevin B. Ebert Guest

Default RE: Sending a HTML page as an e-mail

You can do it using CDONTS.NewMail v. 1.2<BR><BR>dim objCDOMail<BR>Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objCDOMai l.To = "someone@nowhere.com"<BR>objCDOMail.BodyFormat = cdoBodyFormatHTML &#039this is the key<BR>objCDOMail.MailFormat = cdoBodyFormatHTML &#039this is the second key<BR>objCDOMail.From = "noone@nowhere.com" <BR>objCDOMail.Subject = "Yea it works"<BR>objCDOMail.Body = "html text here including &#060;html&#062;,&#060;head&#062;, and...all other html tags"<BR>objCDOMail.Send<BR>set objCDOMail = nothing