Excel from ASP?

Thread: Excel from ASP?

TDawson Guest

Default Excel from ASP?

I&#039ve accessed word.application from asp before. But, when i try Excel.application I get an outOfProcess error. Is it possible to open an excel file and run an excel module from within?

Veronica Guest

Default RE: Excel from ASP?

I am trying to do the same thing. Can you please let me know if you have found the solution.<BR><BR>My asp page generates the query result and I would like to generate an excel spreadsheet with these result.<BR><BR>Thanks.

tdawson Guest

Default RE: Excel from ASP?

I think the trick is to set the web server (IIS4, in my case) to allow out of process components. I found some code on microsofts site to do that, but it results in "object not found" - see code below. So, I am not sure how to do this. In IIS 3, you simply had to change the AllowOutOfProcComponent registry key value to 1. But, I am not finding an AllowOutOfProcComponent key in the registry. IF anyone knows how to do this, please let me know! <BR> &#060;%<BR> &#039 Get the IIsWebService Admin Object<BR> Set WebServObj = GetObject("IIS://LocalHost/W3svc")<BR><BR> &#039 Enable the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents Parameter<BR> WebServObj.Put "AspAllowOutOfProcComponents", True<BR><BR> &#039 Save the changed value to the metabase<BR> WebServObj.SetInfo<BR> %&#062;