ado constants

Thread: ado constants

Default ado constants

While doing an add to a table (trying) I get the error:<BR>&#039Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. &#039<BR>Not sure what&#039s wrong. One and three below seem to be fine...<BR>, but I can&#039t even find a cursor type and lock type combination which will work. The database is in no way locked. I ran a script elsewhere to insert data successfully.<BR>Also if I use the words, instead of 1 and 3 it errors which I find strange. Reads from the database of course work fine.<BR>Thanks for any help.<BR><BR>rs1.Open "passwords", Conn,1,3<BR>rs1.addnew<BR>rs1("passwords_username" ) = "adrian"<BR>rs1("passwords_password") = "adrian"<BR>rs1("passwords_level") = "2"<BR>rs1.Update <BR>Also, I still can&#039t find the proper syntax of using a locked access database to add to my connection object below. That would also be a big help.<BR><BR>DSNStatement = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ="<BR>DSNStatement = DSNStatement & Server.MapPath("/schwab/database/animal.mdb")<BR>Conn.Open DSNStatement<BR><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ado constants

Check permissions of the subdirectory where your asp located.<BR>It must have write permission and default is not.