Client Side to Server Side

Thread: Client Side to Server Side

Kelso Guest

Default Client Side to Server Side

Is there a way to pass a client-side value from a set of Radio buttons to a server-side asp script without using the submit() or Submit button?

Tom Levesque Guest

Default RE: Client Side to Server Side

I don&#039t like working with radio buttons, they&#039re annoying as hell but here&#039s how you&#039d do it with a text field (btw, why dont you want to use submit...?)<BR><BR>&#060;!-- the form page --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;form name="the_form"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="example_text_field"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR><BR>var my_url = the_other_page.asp;<BR><BR>my_url += "?text_field_value=" + <BR><BR>my_url += window.document.the_form.example_text_field.value; <BR><BR>if(some_event_or_whatever)<BR>{<BR><BR>par ent.location.href = my_url;<BR> <BR>}<BR><BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;!-- the asp page --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Dim the_text_field<BR><BR>the_text_field = Request.QueryString("text_field_value")<BR><BR>Res ponse.Write("This text field value was delivered to this page via a Query String, not a Form Submit!")<BR><BR>Response.Write(the_text_field)<BR ><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Get it?

Kelso Guest

Default RE: Client Side to Server Side

I have anywhere from 50 to 100 options, to choose from (in one Radio Control group), and I cannot use a submit becuase I need to make a call to a database that will either increament a number or decrement a number based on whether the person wants to increace the position in the table or decrease. The DB call is Server Side, I have to determine which field to increment using the options in the table. If you have a better solution to this, I would love to hear it because I cannot think of a way to do it.