checkboxes to return results from database

Thread: checkboxes to return results from database

Default checkboxes to return results from database

ive got a database that has varous job descriptions in it. These are catagorized. i.e. web developemnt,clerical,building ect.<BR><BR>i want the visitor to be able to select which catagories of jobs<BR>to display by clicking the checkboxes which are relevent to there skill set. Then pressing a find jobs button. <BR><BR>does anyone know how this is done.

RamaKrishna Reminisetti Guest

Default RE: checkboxes to return results from database

Replace the Datasourcename,Userid,Password in the connection string. After the user had selected the choices then you can display the results by retrieving all that checkboxes that the user had selected and forming a query.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>connect str = "DSN=ABCXX;UID=DEFXXX;PWD=GHIXXXX"<BR>objConn. Open connectstr<BR>sqljobs = "select jobname from job_desc_table;"<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>rs.Open sqljobs,objConn<BR>Dim i<BR>i=0<BR>do while not rs.EOF <BR>Response.Write " &#060;input type=&#039checkbox&#039 name=&#039jobdesc&i&#039 value= " & rs("jobname") & "&#062;" & rs("jobname") & "<BR>"<BR>i = i + 1<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>loop<BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing<BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;