Viewing ASP pages

Thread: Viewing ASP pages

Aimskee Guest

Default Viewing ASP pages

I have Windows 95 and Microsoft PWS 1.0 at home. I used Front Page 2000 and even when I publish to the localhost I cannot view ASP pages in Internet Explorer 5.0. I think I read that one needs Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack. Well I found it and downloaded it from the Internet www.downloadsafari.com/ in the directory where the download is. Once I set up this new PWS on my computer, I lost my ability to FTP, could no longer view anything published to the localhost, and of course could not use Front Page to FTP to my web site. Not only that it could not find my TCP/IP and then I tried to preview my Active Server Pages from the file drive, and they still weren&#039t viewable, still giving me the message box with an option to Save this File to Disk or Open and Run et al. Is it because I am trying to make a connection with Visual FoxPro tables or is there another reason? I don&#039t have any problem at work on Windows 98 and PWS and MS Access (without the option pack). What steps should I take to view ASP pages at home? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

omc Guest

Default RE: Viewing ASP pages

I don&#039t think that you needed to download the NT option pack. If you had PWS then you had the option pack. How are you trying to view the file? Are you trying to open it like c:directoryfile.asp? You need to be sure that the file is in a directory that is set up with proper permissions for asp. You can create a virtual directory with your Personal Web Manager. Then you have to open your file with http://localhost/virtualdirectoryname/filename.asp.

Aimskee Guest

Default RE: Viewing ASP pages

Thanks for your input. I&#039ll give this a try and let you know how it goes.