Request All Form Data

Thread: Request All Form Data

Default Request All Form Data

Sorry to anyone who saw an earlier post. I wasn&#039t very clear with my question. <BR><BR>I would like to know if it&#039s possible to grab all form data transmitted from one page and pass it through a second page that validates a username and on to a third without building a long query string to attach to a redirect. It&#039s not as simple as saying <BR>whatever = Request("field")<BR>then<BR>Response.Redirect "thirdpage.asp?whatever="&whatever<BR><BR>Read on...<BR><BR>The form that passes these elements from the first page is dynamically generating values to pass. I&#039m looping to create the list and passing them with names like field1, field2, field3,... until the end of the recordset. The only way I know how many fields are being sent is to pass a hidden record count. Furthermore, I have six different pages that all send data to this second page. They will all pass different field names and a different number of fields. That&#039s no big deal. What&#039s tricky to me is that I need to pass all of these on once again to a third page. See, the second page is simply used to check that the user is authorized to make changes to a database. Although I am perfectly capable of validating someone&#039s id and password without an interim page, in this situation it&#039s most practical for me to use one. Ultimately, I will have many many users hitting this interim page from one of six pages, each user with different permissions assigned. <BR><BR>What I would like most to know is whether or not it is possible to receive all transmitted data in a single object, ignore this data while it&#039s on the second page (while validating the username), then redirect the user to an appropriate third page and send the entire stream of data along with it. <BR><BR>Anybody follow this and know how to handle it?<BR><BR>Thanks for any feedback!

Rupert Guest

Default RE: Request All Form Data

You could possibly store the values in Session variables on the second page, before the redirect, and retrieve them on the third page.

Ritesh Guest

Default RE: Request All Form Data

Well I think session array will be a much better idea. You can create a two dimensional array, with the first dimension representing the name of the control and the second dimension storing the value of that control. Then assign the array to a session variable. In this way all the values of your form can be handled by only one session variable.<BR>If you store them in individual session variables...God help your server. <BR>