multiple buttons

Thread: multiple buttons

1. #1 Guest

Default multiple buttons

I want to have multiple buttons do different things in my asp page (w/o calling another page preferablly but if thats possible then thats okay too) Right now I am trying to call a VBscript subroutine in the Onclick but its not working.<BR> &#060;INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Edit File" onClick="submitSub(1)"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="New File" onClick="submitSub(2)"&#062;

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: multiple buttons

It all Depends on what things u want to do. If it is a Client side thing then u can write javascript. If it is a serverside thing then u need to do some more programming by moving the clioent side values to server side values.

3. #3 Guest

I just want to call a subroutine from a button click, either that or go to a whole new asp page, either of those actions are acceptable

Sathiya Guest

&#060;input type="button" name="ClickMe" onclick="javascript:Goto();"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;sc ript language="javascript"&#062;<BR>Function Goto()<BR>{<BR> window.location.hreft = "";<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>I wrote the function in Javascriot bcos it can be used across browsers. if ur using only IE ucan change it to VB But remember th function should be in client side.<BR><BR>

can I intermix javascript and vbscript??<BR>and what do you mean the function should be in client side, I dont understand how my function can be in different sides, it runs from the server in the asp script right???<BR>thanks for your help