page auto open, like index.html

Thread: page auto open, like index.html

Default page auto open, like index.html

Hi, is there a way to get an asp page to open automatically when you enter the directory, like index.html and default.html? I tried index.asp and default.asp, but it didn&#039t work.<BR> <BR>Thanks

Default RE: page auto open, like index.html

You have to set up the web server, either PWS or IIS, to look for your default page (ie default.asp) for the virtual directory. Depending on which server, PWS or IIS, this is handled differently, so I&#039d need to know which one you are running in order to answer the question specifically.

Paul Harvey Guest

Ah! It&#039s not my server, but my ISP&#039s!<BR>I have just called them, they&#039re gonna setup index.asp to open auto as well as index.html.<BR><BR>I didn&#039t realise that the page had to be specified! Is there not a default default page name then? Thanks for you help though, it&#039s led me to get the result I required.!

There are two pages that are set as default on IIS, and probably PWS as well. They are default.htm and default.html. For some reason Microsoft hasn&#039t updated the software for these two web server programs to include ASP support. But I&#039m glad that I was able to help.