Trouble establishing DSNless connection

Thread: Trouble establishing DSNless connection

DFW, TX

Default Trouble establishing DSNless connection

I curently use a file DSN on my .asp pages. I am trying to switch over to dsnless connection. I have tried a couple different ways to write the connection string to do so but I keep getting the same error every time. <BR><BR>" [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified " <BR><BR>here is what I tried most recently(this is for an Excel Workbook file) however I have also tried it with Access to no avail. <BR> <BR>Conn.Open "DRIVER=Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls);" _<BR> & "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("ib.xls")<BR><BR>The server uses IIS/3.0 with ADO version 1.5 does this matter??<BR>

Svein Guest

Default RE: Trouble establishing DSNless connection

The Server.MapPath should point to an eventual folder below your domain name / area on the server, not the table or file itself.<BR><BR>Myself, I use dbf tables placed in the db subdir, the table name is f.x. radio.<BR><BR>Then the line is:<BR><BR>... & Server.MapPath("db")<BR><BR>and then<BR>SQL="SELECT fieldone, fieldtwo FROM radio WHERE.....<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR><BR>Svein