Send Mail Component

Thread: Send Mail Component

Default Send Mail Component

Hi, <BR>I need to be able to auto respond when some one fills out a form on the web site. I know there is a send mail component for ASP. But I am not sure where to get it and how to use it.<BR>Any help with any information or direction will very apperciated.<BR>Thanks<BR>VInay Bansal

Default RE: Send Mail Component

Do you host your website through a web host? If so, ask them what send mail component they use. If you are running your own server, there are a number of options. You can use CDONTS, the default send mail component that comes with IIS 4 (if you install the SMTP Service).<BR><BR>To learn more about CDONTS, read:<BR><BR>Sending Emails with ASP Using CDONTS<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/112298-1.shtml

Thanks alot<BR>That worked for me.<BR>Vinay Bansal

I have been using this object but now I have one more question.<BR>When I assign the value to body text variable, how can I put line breaks in there to start a new line.<BR>Thanks

Use vbCrLf<BR><BR>So:<BR><BR>Dim strBody<BR>strBody = "This is on line 1" & vbCrLf & "This is on line 2"<BR><BR>objCDO.Body = strBody<BR><BR><BR>Happy Programming!