Data Base Error

Thread: Data Base Error

Default Data Base Error

Data base retrive error<BR>UDAy - 14 Aug - 10:41:26 AM<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Hi, <BR><BR>I am getting the following error. I am doing query on Oracle data base. Some times i am getting the following <BR>error. I don&#039t know how to get ride of this error. <BR>If i go and see the data base manually i have the following data.<BR><BR>Some times the error it won&#039t come on this particular line. It will come in some other line. <BR><BR>Can some one can help me out why this problem is coming up like this.<BR><BR>**********<BR><BR>SQL&#062; select * from act_type_sum2 where serial like ༼-0725%&#039and activity_type=&#039 2-I&#039<BR><BR>ITEM_ID PART SERIAL ACTIVITY_TYPE<BR>-------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------------------<BR>DESCRIPTION SOLD_SUM IN_WORK_SUM AWAITING_SUM<BR>------------------------------------------------------------ --------- ----------- ------------<BR>BEHIND_SUM DER_START NEXT_DATE COMP_DATE<BR>---------- --------- --------- ---------<BR>IID0257990 KC135 00-0725 2-I<BR>Vert. Fins 242 110 0<BR>110 09-DEC-99 07-FEB-00 02-JUN-00<BR><BR>**************<BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record. <BR><BR>/Wormchart/SerialNumberFinish.asp, line 931 <BR><BR>*********************<BR><BR>set rst2I = server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>strQuery 2I = "select * from act_type_sum2 where serial like ༼-0725%&#039and activity_type=&#039 2-I&#039"<BR>set rst2I = Conn.Execute(strQuery2I,,adcmdtext)<BR><BR>if isNull( rst2I.Fields("IN_WORK_SUM").Value) then -- 931 line<BR>strInWorkSum2I = 0<BR>else <BR>strInWorkSum2I = rst2I.Fields("IN_WORK_SUM").Value<BR>end if<BR><BR>IF isnull(rst2I.Fields("AWAITING_SUM").Value) then<BR>strAwaitingSum2I = 0<BR>else<BR>strAwaitingSum2I = rst2I.Fields("AWAITING_SUM").Value<BR>end if<BR><BR>IF isnull( rst2I.Fields("SOLD_SUM").Value) then<BR>strSoldSum2I = 0<BR>else<BR>strSoldSum2I = rst2I.Fields("SOLD_SUM").Value<BR>end if<BR><BR>********************<BR><BR>If u want more info pls reply me back. I am ready to provide you.<BR><BR>Have a nice day.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Uday. <BR>

Default RE: Data Base Error

This part makes me suspicious:<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;a ctivity_type=&#039 2-I&#039<BR><BR>You have a SPACE after the &#039 and before the 2. But your "dump" of the database would *seem* to indicate that no space exists in the database.<BR><BR>So maybe you really are *not* finding a matching record because the activity type really is wrong?<BR><BR>Maybe you need to use Trim(...) on the value before using it to construct the query? <BR><BR><BR>