Thread: Travis

Travis Wilson Guest

Default Travis

I am trying to use to separate frames. In the right frame, I want to take in the information and store it in a database. After I click the "Submit" button, I want it to store the information and then I want it to change the URL in the left frame. Does anyone have any idea how I could make that work? Thanks.

Default RE: Travis

Hi,<BR><BR>Your solution is simple.<BR><BR>you have 2 frames, leftframe and rightframe.<BR>When the right frame is submitted, ASP processes it.<BR>After the processing, you need to output a simple javascript<BR>which will tell the browser to change the left frame e.g:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR>YOU ASP DATABASE STUFF<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>top.righ tframe.location.href="yourpage.asp";<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Hopefully, this should work. Remember, ASP is parsed top-bottom,<BR>so the jscript will be processed @ the very end !<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>IQ<BR>

Sorry mate, the javascript should read:<BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>top.leftframe.l ocation.href="yourpage.asp";<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR><BR>IQ

Travis Wilson Guest

IQ,<BR><BR>Thanks for your reply. I am having a little trouble making it work correctly. When I type this command in <BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>top.leftframe.locati on.href="http://localhost/Home.html";<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>It gives me an error message saying that "&#039top.leftframe.location&#039 is not an object". Is "Leftframe" supposed to be the name of my frame? Also is location a property? And do I need to set this object somewhere? Thanks for your help.