Browser type

Thread: Browser type

Vivek Nama Guest

Default Browser type

when requesting a page with the following lines on PWS from IE 5 <BR>&#060;% Set bc = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType") %&#062; <BR><BR><BR>&#060;%= bc.browser %&#062;<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%= request.servervariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") %&#062;<BR><BR>returns the following result<BR>Netscape <BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; DigExt) <BR><BR>Q.Why would it mention Netscape when requesting from IE 5 ?<BR>Q.Why does my browsercap.ini not mention IE 5 ?<BR><BR>For reference from Netscape Communicator 4.61<BR>the result is as follows<BR>Default <BR>Mozilla/4.61 [en] (WinNT; I)<BR><BR>Q.Should I use be parsing User_Agent string for the browser type?

Solution Guest

Default RE: Browser type

I am having the same problem dude!!<BR>Although in my case, if I access my page from some other machine the values are correct<BR>it says IE and ver 4.0 and Netscape and ver 4.5<BR>but not from my machine where the PWS lies. Also, it does not work with NN.<BR>if you have a solution, please respond here <BR><BR>thanks,

Solution Guest

Default RE: Browser type

Hi,<BR> I found the solution to my problem.<BR> Look under browscap.ini under Mozilla/4.0 MSIE and find out what is the property for &#039Browser&#039.<BR><BR>Also look under [MSIE 5.0].<BR>If everything looks alright, download the browscap.ini from<BR>www.cyscape.com/browscap<BR>But this version is not new, you still have to make changes and add the HTTPUSERAGENT for Netscape 4.61.<BR><BR>Let me know, how it goes.