Re: "Too many client tasks" error

Thread: Re: "Too many client tasks" error

Frank Cavalier Guest

Default Re: "Too many client tasks" error

I&#039m posting data from an Access &#039 97 table on the web hosting provider using a form which populates a table. This code worked okay until recently. I&#039m using a DSN-less connection.<BR><BR>I suspect that it relates to too many concurrent hits on the ASP pages in question.<BR><BR>The error has been either:<BR>"Too many client tasks."<BR>OR:<BR>"Catatrophic error"<BR><BR>The error - when it occurs - appears on every page which uses ASP and SQL to populate a table.<BR><BR>What can I do to remedy this problem? I don&#039t have SQL Server available to me.

Default RE: Re:

Are you explicitly closing and setting all of your ADO objects to nothing when you are through with them? For example:<BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR><BR>??? Check out this article, it might help out if this is indeed the problem:<BR><BR>Explicitly Freeing your ADO Objects<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/060999-2.shtml

Default Your script is going through an infinite loop. Ch

NO TEXT

Frank Cavalier Guest

Default RE: Re: Too many client tasks.

The problem turned out to be an NT server collapse.<BR>But in reference to your suggestion about close recordsets and connections and setting them to nothing...<BR><BR>Well, that was my original intent... until I found that it generated this error:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01a8&#039 <BR><BR>Object required: &#039DRIVER={Microsoft Ac&#039 <BR><BR>This was my code. (Context was just after filling a 2-column table - right after &#060;/table&#062; and just before &#060;/body&#062;:<BR>&#060;%<BR> objRecordset.Close<BR> Set objRecordset = Nothing<BR> strConn.Close<BR> Set strConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>The error above points to the strConn.Close line...<BR><BR>What&#039s wrong with the code that it generates this error? You can see it at www.rjfa.org. Select "Current Rosters" from the menu, then select "Clinic". The error appears at the bottom of the list. It does not appear on the other lists (which close the recordsets and set them to nothing, but do not perform that with the connections, because the error is generated.) These are DSN-less connections if that makes a difference.<BR><BR>By the way, your tip on @ enablesessionstate=false really seems to speed up the ASP display!<BR><BR>FC<BR>