First, let me say that 4guys and aspmessageboard has been a great tool for helping me learn ASP and the world of databases.<BR><BR>I am having problems with my ASP. Unfortunately, the deadline for my project is Monday -- and my only remaining step is to get this ASP working on the server. <BR><BR>My ISP offers access to SQL Server 7. To set up a DSN, they have an ASP that requires me to enter the location of the database in my web space, the db type (SQL, in my case) and a DSN name. Because of the shared environment, my ISP requires I refer to my dsn with the following syntax: username.dsn<BR><BR>I *believe* I can connect to the database, for I have tried my connection without the correct password and I received an error that I couldn&#039t log in. When I supply the correct login information, I get no error. Therefore, I *belive* I can log in.<BR><BR>Here is the error I am getting when my ASP executes an SQL statement (tries to open a recordset:<BR><BR> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e37&#039 <BR><BR> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name &#039Users&#039. <BR><BR> /datalink/orderssql.asp, line 855 <BR><BR>(Excuse the generic "datalink" name -- it wasn&#039t my idea.)<BR><BR>Here is the code I am using to open my db connection and create a recordset. THis code WORKS on my local machine with PWS and SQL Server 7.0, but generated the above error on the ISP&#039s server:<BR><BR> Dim objConn<BR> set objConn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> dbasename, sqlusername, sqlpwd<BR><BR> SQL = "SELECT password, disabled FROM Users WHERE UserID= &#039" & user & "&#039"<BR> set record = objConn.execute(SQL) &#039 This is line 855, where the error occurs<BR><BR>Keep in mind the following:<BR> dsn for my database is "ordersSQL"<BR> my username is "drgmar"<BR> Thus, per my ISPs request that I refer to my dsn using username.dsn, dbasename = "drgmar.ordersSQL" <BR><BR>I have spoken to a few other ASP coders, and their first response is always "you may not be connecting to the right database" - unfortunately, I haven&#039t been able to correct this problem based on that response.<BR><BR>MY QUESTION:<BR><BR>What are YOUR suggestions for how I can code around this? I suppose I can do a dsn-less connection to see if that helps. And please state explicitly what I should try -- exact code snippets would be appreciated.<BR><BR>I hope to have this working by my performance review on Monday. Thanks!