Keeping a tally of downloads

Thread: Keeping a tally of downloads

Default Keeping a tally of downloads

I am developing an app that allows users to download a certain number of files (let&#039s say 50) that they sign up for. I have an Access 2000 database that stores all of the information about the user (name, number of downloads signed up for, etc.). So, in this example, the user has a record in the table, and the value of the download field is 50. When they download a file, I want to decrement this value by one (obviously)...but only on a successful download. When their download value is equal to 0, then they can no longer download any more files, unless they purchase more downloads. Any ideas on how to implement this?<BR><BR>Many thanks in advance,<BR><BR>JOHN

Default RE: Keeping a tally of downloads

I currently have ODBC logging enable on IIS 5.0 - by querying that table I can determine how many sucessful downloads we&#039ve had. however, I can&#039t associate a userID or SessionID with each record in the table. I would start searching for a way to write a component that makes calls to the IIS components that administer the FTP server. <BR><BR>good luck<BR><BR>bart