please someone has to know!!!!!!!!

Thread: please someone has to know!!!!!!!!

Default please someone has to know!!!!!!!!

why does this code not work???? it&#039s basic.. someone has to be able to spot the mistake.. c&#039mon !@#@#!@3 :(<BR><BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039create object to store recordset<BR>dim rs<BR>dim strconn<BR>dim conn<BR><BR>&#039it doesn&#039t display hello anywhere when I uncomment this next line :(<BR>&#039response.write("hello")<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR><BR>con = "driver={microsoft access driver (*.mdb)};dbq=" & server.mappath("../data/support.mdb")<BR><BR>rs = Server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR> "tblMain", conn<BR><BR>&#039use the addnew method of the recordset object to add a record<BR>rs.addnew<BR><BR>&#039add data to database from input on new.html form<BR>&#039if you know an easier way to do this please tell me!<BR>rs("Company") = request.form("txtCompany")<BR>rs("Name") = request.form("txtName")<BR>rs("Address") = request.form("txtAddress")<BR>rs("City") = request.form("txtCity")<BR>rs("StateProv") = request.form("txtStateProv")<BR>rs("Postal") = request.form("txtPostal")<BR>rs("Zip") = request.form("txtZip")<BR>rs("Phone") = request.form("txtPhone")<BR>rs("Fax") = request.form("txtFax")<BR>rs("Email") = request.form("txtEmail")<BR>rs("ProdName") = request.form("lstProdName")<BR>rs("ProdVersion") = request.form("txtProdVersion")<BR>rs("ProdSerial") = request.form("txtProdSerial")<BR>rs("Supplier") = request.form("txtSupplier")<BR>rs("OS") = request.form("lstOS")<BR>rs("Machine") = request.form("txtMachine")<BR>rs("OtherSoftware") = request.form("txtOtherSoftware")<BR>rs("Cause") = request.form("txtCause")<BR>rs("Result") = request.form("txtResult")<BR>rs("Continue ") = request.form("lstContinue")<BR>rs("Other") = request.form("txtOther")<BR>rs("ReportDate") = Date()<BR>rs("Solved") = request.form("txtSolved")<BR>rs("ProbBrief") = request.form("txtProbBrief")<BR>rs("ProbFull") = request.form("txtProbFull")<BR>rs("SolBrief") = request.form("txtSolBrief")<BR>rs("SolFull") = request.form("txtSolFull")<BR><BR>&#039save changes to database<BR>rs.update<BR><BR>rs.close<BR>conn.clos e <BR>set conn = nothing<BR>set strconn = nothing<BR>set rs = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: please someone has to know!!!!!!!!

do i have to include something? like and where is that file if I have to include it... thanks..

MG Guest

Is your server cacheing your asp pages. This is very common. Sometime servers cache asp pages to reduce server load. This create a problem when trying to test. Try changing the name of your file then upload and test. Check if the "hello" line displays. if it doesn&#039t then, the server is probably caching the page.

Anxious2Know Guest

I&#039m running it off PWS.. locally.. no uploading :)

A few things:<BR>1) Do you get any errors at all?<BR>2) = "driver={microsoft access driver (*.mdb)};dbq=" & server.mappath("../data/support.mdb")<BR> Is bad syntax, do this:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;conn.connectionst ring = "driver={microsoft access driver (*.mdb)};dbq=" & server.mappath("../data/support.mdb")<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>3) "tblMain", conn<BR>You aren&#039t specifying how you want the recordset opened, try this:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "tblMain", conn, 1, 3<BR>4) You have dimmensioned strconn, but not used it, so rightly:<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;set strconn = nothing<BR>is not needed at all.<BR>

JQS worshipper Guest

Thank-you very very much man... I need more help though most likely.. do you have an email address? I&#039ll be working on this stuff for a few months probably.. so if I could get some help from you whenever you have the time that would be great... I&#039m a pretty decent programmer.. but this ASP/HTML/JAVASCRIPT crap that i&#039m dealing with here is not very fun... I was forced to finish someone else&#039s half done crap.. but instead of finishing it in the guy&#039s "custom" script called terminus that he created.. I decided to kill it all almost and use ASP/vbscript... and I hope it will pay off.. but I don&#039t think it will unless I have a few people to help me a little bit along the way... I appreciate any and all help so much.. cause my job depends on this more than you can imagine.. cause it is my first project.. and I&#039m not really a "scriptor" .. I just hope you read this..