Get folder name

Thread: Get folder name

Fred (sweden) Guest

Default Get folder name

I have a problem with the method GetFolder. Here´s the situation: <BR>I want to get the folder name (whatever it is at the moment) from inside a file in that same folder and place the name in a variable. Ex.<BR><BR>http://.../.../myfolder/default.asp<BR><BR>How can I get the name "myfolder" (only that name, not the whole path from the root) from inside default.asp?<BR><BR>Thanks!!!<BR><BR>

Default RE: Get folder name

Here&#039s a function to lop the file name off the URL string. You can adjust it easily so that it carries on from here and takes the next part of the string before the "/" character. Any problems email me:<BR>brian@esmart.ie<BR><BR>file_path = StripURL(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))<B R><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Function StripURL(path)<BR> if path &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> x = len(path)<BR><BR> Do until strfrag = "/"<BR> strfrag = mid(path,x,1)<BR> x = x - 1<BR> Loop<BR> <BR> StripURL = left(path,x)<BR> Else<BR> StripURL = "Path Not Provided"<BR> End If<BR>End Function<BR>%&#062;

Fred Guest

Default Thanks, it worked perfect!!!

Thank you Brian, it worked perfect!!! I´ll keep your email adress for future problems.<BR><BR>/Fred