Hello People,<BR>Question#1: <BR>I was reading an article "Hooray Pt.1" at 4guysfromrolla.<BR>In this statement, they were trying to searching for a record to edit. They made the SQL statement as shown below. "SELECT tblEmployees.ID, tblEmployees.* ". My question is, was it necessary. Could it have been also "SELECT tblEmployees.* ". ?<BR><BR>&#039-- RecordToEdit SQL<BR><BR>If Request.QueryString("ID") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> RecordToEdit = Request.QueryString("ID")<BR><BR> SQL = "SELECT tblEmployees.ID, tblEmployees.* FROM tblEmployees WHERE (((tblEmployees.ID)=" & Request.QueryString("ID") & "));"<BR><BR>End If<BR><BR>------Since I&#039m here I may as well ask another one. <BR>Post Question #2: Let&#039s say I&#039m using If Then statements to create multiple page views separated by NEXT submit buttons - all using just 1 asp page. Let&#039s say each page view requires an open connection to the same database. Is it best for me to just open the connection in the header or on each page view ? I know it must be a very very simple question. Just thought I might ex before I experiement