Aimksee

Thread: Aimksee

Aimskee Guest

Default Aimksee

What is the correct syntax to pass more than 1 variable with Response.Redirect to a third page, where the first is the data entry form, the second is the redirect page and the third page is a preview page, while a fourth page will put the data in an Access table? I am new to this and I must be using the wrong syntax. I seem to lose the variables by the third page, so I know I have to pass them somehow. THe reason I have a second page is because I have 18 if endif statements depending on which asp the user should be redirected to next. So how do I use session or whatever; I need an example w/correct syntax, as that seems to be at least part of my problem. Thanks.

Default RE: Aimksee

Use Session variables like<BR><BR>Session("name") = request.form("username")/request.querystring("username") depends on your form. <BR><BR>After that, you can use the username wherever you want just using Session("name") variable. Got it. If u have any doubt, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Vivek Nama Guest

Default RE: Aimksee

instead of response.redirect on the 2nd page use server.transfer

Aimskee Guest

Default RE: Aimksee/re syntax of session and querystring

thanks, I am glad for this info; I figured out how to use the sessions variables but I still have not used querystring. For instance I passed a bunch of values to a new page, by saying<BR>&#060;% session("lname") = request("lname") %&#062;<BR>If I passed a query string from "form1" from an Access table called "test.mdb" what would the query string syntax be? I have not yet put the values into the table. I only want to do that once they have decided to submit. Thanx.

Aimskee Guest

Default RE: Aimksee/server transfer

What is the difference between using reponse.redirect and server.transfer? Is it more efficient. If it is, please explain. Thanks.