Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can i destroy session variables, not killing the session, and not setting them to null.

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to just overwrite them or just replace them.<BR>Session("firstvar")= luis<BR>&#039then on next go round<BR><BR>Session("firstvar")=

suz Guest

Default i give up

sorry, that would defeat the whole purpose, i am trying to get rid of them so they do not slow down processing time...

4. #4 Guest

Default RE: i give up

SUZ Guest

Default RE: i give up

doesnt session.abandon kill the whole session? i want to keep the session alive but eliminate the session variables that are no longer needed...

SUZ Guest

Default BILL W or Duncan King?

I am trying to drop session variables that are no longer needed without actually ending the session. i dont want to set them to null because they will then still be wasting system resources, right? nobody seems to know how to do this. any help would be appreciated

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: BILL W or Duncan King?

Why are you so concerned with this? Are you worried about this little bit of overhead for a reason? Personally, if you have the room to use them in the first place, let them be.<BR><BR>Set them to empty, null, empty string, or whatever. However, if you&#039re worried about this overhead, you should be worried about the extra code crunching on the processor to release these.<BR><BR>

Phil Michaels Guest

i think there is a contents.remove you could use

Hans Christian Anderson Guest

I think there are restrictions when using that method during runtime

Default Removing session values

You can&#039t get rid of Session values with IIS 3 or IIS 4. I *think* that IIS 5 introduces this capability.<BR><BR>Setting a "variable" to null (or just to a zero value or just to TRUE or FALSE) saves as much as you can of system resources. <BR><BR>Don&#039t fret it. Unless you have a *REALLY* busy site, this isn&#039t that big an issue.<BR><BR>NOTE: Session "variables" are *NOT* variables, at all. They are just key/value pairs in a hashtable/collection (similar to a Scripting.Dictionary, but done right). So until you get a hashtable/collection that supports a "Delete" operation, the best you can do is change the value of the key/value pair to something taking minimal space.