Database or object is read-only

Thread: Database or object is read-only

Default Database or object is read-only

Can I have Multiple tables selected:<BR><BR>sSql= "SELECT tblSubscriberRequirements.RequirementName, tblSubscriberRequirements.HoursAmassed<BR><BR>Usin g Inner Join:<BR><BR>& "FROM tblSubscriberRequirements INNER JOIN tblSubscriberCourses ON tblSubscriberRequirements.MemberId = tblSubscriberCourses.MemberID " _<BR>And still use a ..<BR>line 87 --&#062; Rs.Update ?<BR><BR>I am confused by the error I am getting can I get help?<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>/ProcessApplyCourse.asp, line 87 <BR>

Patty Guest

Default RE: Database or object is read-only

Check to see and make sure that you have full control over your database. Check the permissions and the security. If it is read only, then you obviously can not write (or update) into it.<BR><BR>Patty

Papa Zito Guest

Default RE: Database or object is read-only

Something you might want to look at... If your recordset is static or read-only, and you try to update it, it might generate that error. Just a thought...