PWS better than IIS 4.0???

Thread: PWS better than IIS 4.0???

Label Guest

Default PWS better than IIS 4.0???

My partner and I have written a fairly simple site using ASP calls to a database. It takes approximately 2-3 seconds to see the page start to come up on the machine we have running pws. (350 mhz, 64 meg ram) It takes almost 15 seconds to start to see the same page and data on the machine running IIS 4.0 (400 mhz, 256 meg ram). We have checked every setting we can think of and cannot improve performance. The database is 175 k, and has about 400 lines of info. If anyone has any suggestions, we would appreciate them.

Daniel Root Guest

Default RE: PWS better than IIS 4.0???

PWS is a scaled-down version of IIS. It concievably could be faster because of less overhead. Be sure to check out the stuff here and elsewhere about DSN-less connections. They can speed up your page loads considerably.

Let me highly recommend that you check out:<BR>http://www.learnasp.com/learn/speedscale.asp<BR><BR>It contains a number of useful articles on how to speed up your code and database performance!<BR><BR>Happy Programming!

label Guest

Thanks for your replies. We figured out it was the type of database/obdc driver we were using that was slowing us down.