ASP and HTML Formatting

Thread: ASP and HTML Formatting

Default ASP and HTML Formatting

What I am trying to do is, using ASP and HTML, in a text feild copy and paste a word document into the textfeild on a web page, which then creates another web page with this document formatted excatly the same...<BR><BR>My problem is these documents are big with tables and when i view it on the dynamically created web page the format is lost and it is one big paragraph....How do I keep the paragraphs and tables in the correct format? <BR><BR>Thanks <BR>Aaron

Default RE: ASP and HTML Formatting

I would have to sit there figure out all the details to make it exactly the way it should, however, you will use the Replace() function to achieve this. For example: There is a field in a database on our SQL Server with a datatype of text16 that employees enter paragraphs into with small amounts of HTML formatting the text for underlining etc. No one ever told the employees to seperate lines with a break, so they used what they know, the enter key, which places an Chr(13) in the field. To get this to format properly I use Replace() like this:<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Write Replace(strText,Chr(13),"BR") %&#062;<BR><BR>The BR should have brackets around it.<BR><BR>get the picture?<BR><BR>enjoy,<BR><BR>bart