Dynamic Listboxes and Javascript

Thread: Dynamic Listboxes and Javascript

Default Dynamic Listboxes and Javascript

Hello All,<BR><BR>I am a newbie and was wondering if anyone had information on dynamic dropdown boxes which pull information from an Access 97 database.<BR><BR>Basically after selecting the state from the first dropdown box, the second box&#039s data would change to the cities in that state. All of the information is coming from an Access 97 database and will be used on a ASP page.<BR><BR>I hope this makes sense. Does anyone have any information on this or know where to look?<BR><BR>Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>Chris

Tudor Holton Guest

Default RE: Dynamic Listboxes and Javascript

Hi Chris!<BR><BR>You could solve this one of two ways:<BR>1) Use the onChange attribute (onchange="this.form.submit();") of the select tag to reload the page with the correct values based on the users choice in the first box.<BR>2) Use &#060;a href="http://www.microsoft.com/scripting"&#062;remote scripting&#060;/a&#062; and javascript to download the new contents of the listbox. (again using the onChange attribute)<BR><BR>I&#039ve been thinking about working on an article regarding this, and it&#039s effects on ASP. But if you need any more info, feel free to ask me at &#060;a href="mailto:tudor@alphalink.com.au"&#062;tudor@al phalink.com.au&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>Tudor.

Tudor Holton Guest

Default Apologies for the HTML

Apologies for the HTML int he previous message. I thought this message board could handle HTML.<BR><BR>Remote Scripting can be found at www.microsoft.com/scripting<BR>My email address is tudor@alphalink.com.au<BR>