Database connection

Thread: Database connection

Leighann Guest

Default Database connection

I keep on getting errors which trying to create a connection. I&#039ve tried a couple of different solutions at this stage but to no avail.<BR>Can anyone spot an error in the code below.<BR>This way gives me the error below at line 11<BR>Dim dbConn <BR>Set dbConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>&#039line 11-<BR>dbConn.Open "NWIND"<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/Default.asp, line 12 i get the same error<BR><BR>&#039Dim cnstore<BR>&#039Set cnstore = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>&#039cnstore.C onnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:lnetpubwwwrootstore.mdb"<BR>&#039line 12<BR>cnstore.Open<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Leigh <BR><BR>

Default RE: Database connection

have you got the database open in access while you&#039re attempting to test this?<BR><BR>jason