ASP and Win98 PWS

Thread: ASP and Win98 PWS

John Cogan Guest

Default ASP and Win98 PWS

Is it possible to test ASP pages on the Personal Web Server provided with Win98 so that I dont have to upload to a live site everytime I want to test ?<BR><BR>If so how do I set up the server to do this ? If not is there any way that ASP pages can be tested without having to go online ?<BR><BR>TIA<BR>John

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: ASP and Win98 PWS

You can test it on the PWS. U need to install PWS and start the server. Create a virtual directory upload ur files and check it in ur system . But the problem is if ur using some database which is in another server PWS cannot talk with them.

John Cogan Guest

Thx for responding.<BR><BR>No, the database on the live site is located on the same server so no problem there. My second question then is: If a particular ASP script I want to test on the PWS is going to eventually be using the SMTP/CDONTS applications, how do I simulate on the server email&#039s ? I.E. Is it possible to email myself on the same machine to check that the emails are been queued.<BR><BR>TIA<BR>John

Sathiya Guest

I think SMTP comes only with NT option pack i dont know u can send mails from ur PWS or from ur Client system without connecting to network. But try to see in the MSDN site they must have some article abut this.