Mail : (I'm stuck, please help!)

Thread: Mail : (I'm stuck, please help!)

ambr Guest

Default Mail : (I'm stuck, please help!)

I&#039m simply trying to do a form to email using CDONTS, but i always end up with the following error:<BR><BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/test/vidb/testtt.asp, line 173 <BR><BR>Invalid class string <BR><BR><BR>and in addition to that, the form results that were to be sent, i find in the inetpubmailrootqueue along with another file that has this format:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Unable to relay message to<BR><BR><BR>I read a post earlier about the "invalid class string" coming up because CDONTS isn&#039t installed, but i do have IIS4.0 with SMTP installed and I can even see that cdonts.dll is in the directory. <BR><BR>Another post i read a while ago stated that a "server.createobject failed" error could stem from bad directory permissions, but the directories were given full permissions.<BR><BR>At the microsoft site, there is a mention of configuring SMTP for the email address the asp will be sending to, but I couldn&#039t understand it very well (if it related to what I&#039m doing or not), and it didn&#039t have any directions on how to do it at all.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated..<BR><BR>thanks in advance...

Default RE: Mail : (I'm stuck, please help!)

I have the same problem and I already check smtp and cdo.dll and they are there.<BR><BR>I heard that I have to install the latest Service Pack for Site Server 3.<BR><BR>I will do it and will come back here to let you know what happened.<BR><BR>Hope This Helps.